I believe last night was a very big success. For time first time, I actually receieved appreciation for my project and all the work I put into it from an audience other than my class and instructors; and it felt very nice.
My project was set up on the right side of Building 77 immediately when you enter the cafeteria. My tri-fold board stood up on a table. The presentation board withthe top views of the first two floors was layed on top of the table below my tri-fold board. My binder with all seven murals and furniture/coor seletion also layed out on the table. To the right of the table was an easel holding the other six presentation boards.
When people would come over, I would first introduce the project to them. I told them the that this Bed and Breakfast is modern and contemporary, and also told them theme of the Bed and Breakfast: The seven continents. The audience found this to be a very good idea and thought this was very creative. Then, I would show them a series of my presentation boards and answered any quesitons they had. Every person that came up to my project loved the idea, except one woman. She believed the style and idea of my Bed and Breakfast was nice, but that the buildings on Sandy Hook should not be rennovated into something modern; they should remain how they are now.
After, one of my mentors, Tom Hoffman made an appearance which was very surprising because he tested my project two weeks ago. Once again, he said how I did a very nice job on it, and said he would call up hs partner so I could show him as well. He wants a good number of the Park Rangers on Sandy Hook to be aware of my project so that mayeb in teh future, my plans could actually be used.
About a half hour later, two park rangers came to see my project. I really felt honored that these two young men came, for they did not know who I was, but was still very interested to see my project and all of the work I have done. They told me I had verygood ideas, and we started talking about Sandy Hook and its history. For the first time, I actually felt like I was a client, trying to get my project approved. This feeling was undescribable.
I was about to put my project away, until my primary mentor, Ellee Nolan showed up. She was so sweet and very excited to see my project, for in the beginning of the year, she helped me immensely and really put me on the right track. She was impressed with all my boards and how much work I put into everything. She told me that in the future, doing this project and learning a little about interior design, will help me with my future endeavors no matter what I end up pursuing with my career. We left on a good note, and I left MAST with a very good feeling. My project is over, but the experience and and sense of accomplishment I felt will last forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment