Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MP1 Calendar

Tuesday, September 9
Post Background, Design Brief

Wednesday, September 10
Post Specs and Limits, Testing, Research, and Calendar
Mentor Contact #1

Thursday, September 11
Work on Alternate Solutions
Due: Post Background, Design, Brief, Specs and Limits, Testing Procedures, Summer Research, and Calendar
Mentor Contact #2

Friday, September 12
Finish Alternate Solutions
Contact mentor

Monday, September 15
Post Alternate Solutions
Post Rationale

Tuesday, September 16 – Friday, September 26
Create informal model
Due September 18: Post Brainstorming, Alternate Solutions, and Rationale
Mentor Contact #3

Monday, September 22 – Friday September 26
Orthographic Floor Plan
Contact Mentor

Monday, September 29 – Friday, October 3
Interior Elevation
Mentor Contact #4
Mentor Contact #5


Monday, October 5 – Friday, October 10
Interior Wall Section

Tuesday, October 14 – Friday October 17
Cross Section
Mentor Contact #6
Mentor Contact #7

Monday, October 20 – Friday, October 24
3D Drawings
Due: Informal Model
Mentor Contact #8
Mentor Contact #9

Monday, October 27
Practice Presentation and Schedule
Mentor Contact #10

Tuesday, October 28 and Schedule
Practice Presentation
Mentor Contact #11
Wednesday, October 29 – Friday, October 31
Listen to Presentations
Mentor Contact #12

Wednesday, November 5
Due: Log Sheet

13 comments:

JM said...

Tuesday, September 9
Background and Design Brief Posted

Wednesday, September 10
Specs, Limits, Testing, Research, and Calendar posted

Thursday, September 11
Alternate Soltutions not posted.

Friday September 12
Fixed up blog

Monday September 15
Worked on unfinished material

Tuesday Septemer 16
Visited Building 27 with Mr. Alfonse and mentor.

Wednesday, September 17
Re-drew alternate solutions
Posted alternate solutions, brainstorming, selection rejection

JM said...

Thursday, September 18- Monday, September 22
More mentor contacts made
10 in total
Blog reformatted to fit correctly

JM said...

Tuesday, September 23-Friday, September 26
Revising Project

Saturday, September 27
Revised Design Brief and Testing Procedures
Contacted Hepburn House B&B in Freehold
Contacted owner to figure out about a day to meet

JM said...

As of October 2, The Testing Procedures have been rectified and the landmarks/sights for each continent have been chosen (list in Extended Research)

The murals are being created in Adobe Photoshop. The mural used for the Alternate Solution is Antarctica.

JM said...

On Friday, October 9
Sent a thank you to the Hepburn House B&B in Freehold NJ
Still working on, and hope to complete alternate solutions.

JM said...

Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10
The Informal Presentation was given based and covered the:
-background information
-design brief, specifications, limitations
-testing procedures
-research
-alternate solutions
-brainstorming

JM said...

From October 17- October 21, I have been looking for furniture, building my informal model and correcting my rationale.
I also have a better grasp of this project.

JM said...

October 22- October 23
Most of the furniture for each of the alternate solutions for the Antarctica bedroom was found, sill findin furniture for the Photorealism style.
The Rationale is almost complete.
The scaled informal model was finished and handed in with the impressonism mural on the wall, the 3 pieces of furniture, and location of the closet, door, and window.

JM said...

Also this coming weekend from Friday, October 24 to Sunday, October 26, an additional model, the presentation board for the Antarctica room needs to be rectified. This is presented during the formal presentation next week.

JM said...

October 23,
Mentor was finally contacted on the phone.
the discusison lasted a half hour and was given suggestions for the Antarctica room and the first floor, along with colors, fabrics, and other adornments.

JM said...

I met with my mentor on Sunday, October 26. I went to her house and we discussed everything of everything about the Antarctica bedroom and Sitting Room. We talked about colors, draperies, fabrics, sizes and much more. I really feel like I have a better handle on this project and the rooms to come.
Also on Tuesday, October 28, I went through the informal model presentation, however, I am creating a presentation board (in the process) for the Antarctica bedroom and sitting room.

JM said...

On Wednesday, October 29, Formal Presentations for Marking Period One began. I completed my Presentation Board and put all the necessary pictures and was finally able to fit all of them in. I also completed my outline for the presentation and practiced. I contacted my mentor to ask a few last-minute questions before my presentation.
I feel better about this project and what the final prouduct will look like.

JM said...

On October 31, I presented my project.
I feel like it went very well and think I presented my Presentation Board well.
I am starting to work on my other rooms and the developmental work.